Saturday, February 25, 2012

Distribution Job Step Retries all in one connection and/or transaction?

When a distribution job step "Retry Attempts" is > 0 and the step has certain problems, the step is "retried" after "Retry Interval".

But I am uncertain as to the details. Are the retries within one database transaction? Does each "try" get its own transaction? And what about connection? Is the "retry" done with the same connection? I know this may sound funny but I would like to know exactly what is going on here.

Thanks,

I am pretty sure that each retry spawns its own transaction - any failed attempt will rollback the current transaction. And the retry is done in the same connection unless it's a retry due to a connection issue. I can try to clarify later.

No comments:

Post a Comment