Friday, February 24, 2012

Distribution Agent - Stored Procedure Error Logging

I know how I can set-up my distribution agent jobs to log them
to a file and up the verbosity of the procedure.
I am in the process of creating snap-shot's of my stored procedures
for replication. The Snapshot agent works just fine, it is
when I use the distribution agent to send it to the subscriber
that it will stop on the first error it finds.
Is there a way to have it run through all the Stored Procedures
so that I don't have to constantly re-create the publication
by removing the first problem sp?
It helps me give the sp's to our developers in one shot
rather than one at a time.
Dave
I think your best bet is to create a separate publication for each stored
procedure. This way the only procs which fail to be replicated are the
problem ones - the remainder will be replicated.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"David Gresham" <gresham@.panix.com> wrote in message
news:d62hq1$mar$1@.reader1.panix.com...
> I know how I can set-up my distribution agent jobs to log them
> to a file and up the verbosity of the procedure.
> I am in the process of creating snap-shot's of my stored procedures
> for replication. The Snapshot agent works just fine, it is
> when I use the distribution agent to send it to the subscriber
> that it will stop on the first error it finds.
>
> Is there a way to have it run through all the Stored Procedures
> so that I don't have to constantly re-create the publication
> by removing the first problem sp?
> It helps me give the sp's to our developers in one shot
> rather than one at a time.
>
> Dave
>

No comments:

Post a Comment