Saturday, February 25, 2012

Distribution database indexes

All,
I can seem to find much info on this. I'm trying to determine when and if I
need to rebuild the indexes on the Distribution database. We're running
transactional replicaiton 24/7 so I'm concerned it will interupt service.
Thanks in advance.
For the most part the transactions/queries which hit the distribution
database are seeks you will probably find that the impact of fragmentation
is minimal.
While you can defrag your indexes online in SQL 2000 you can't rebuild them
online in SQL 2000 (you can in SQL 2005). I suspect your problems are not
related to indexes.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"sqlboy2000" <sqlboy2000@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AD2E42BC-DD48-4964-9EE8-5134FED52DD4@.microsoft.com...
> All,
> I can seem to find much info on this. I'm trying to determine when and if
> I
> need to rebuild the indexes on the Distribution database. We're running
> transactional replicaiton 24/7 so I'm concerned it will interupt service.
> Thanks in advance.
|||We're not having problems, I was looking for general info about distribution
db indexes.
Thanks for the info!
"Hilary Cotter" wrote:

> For the most part the transactions/queries which hit the distribution
> database are seeks you will probably find that the impact of fragmentation
> is minimal.
> While you can defrag your indexes online in SQL 2000 you can't rebuild them
> online in SQL 2000 (you can in SQL 2005). I suspect your problems are not
> related to indexes.
> --
> Hilary Cotter
> Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
> http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
> Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
> http://www.indexserverfaq.com
>
> "sqlboy2000" <sqlboy2000@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:AD2E42BC-DD48-4964-9EE8-5134FED52DD4@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment