Saturday, February 25, 2012

Distribution Database

Can I move the Distribution Database from one location to another without
impacting replecation.?
ThanksLocation - meaning drive, or server?
--
Kevin3NF
SQL Server dude
You want fries with that?
http://kevin3nf.blogspot.com/
I only check the newsgroups during work hours, M-F.
Hit my blog and the contact links if necessary...I may be available.
<msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:ODFUVI8fIHA.5624@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Can I move the Distribution Database from one location to another without
> impacting replecation.?
> Thanks
>|||to a new drive on the same server
"Kevin3NF" <kevin@.SPAMTRAP.3nf-inc.com> wrote in message
news:uZh1PR8fIHA.4376@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Location - meaning drive, or server?
> --
> Kevin3NF
> SQL Server dude
> You want fries with that?
> http://kevin3nf.blogspot.com/
> I only check the newsgroups during work hours, M-F.
> Hit my blog and the contact links if necessary...I may be available.
>
> <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:ODFUVI8fIHA.5624@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Can I move the Distribution Database from one location to another without
>> impacting replecation.?
>> Thanks
>|||Hi,
I'v moved in this way:
1. Run ALTER DATABASE database_name SET OFFLINE WITH ROLLBACK
IMMEDIATE.
2. Move the file to the new location.
3. Run ALTER DATABASE database_name MODIFY FILE ( NAME = logical_name,
FILENAME = 'new_path/os_file_name'.
4. Run ALTER DATABASE database_name SET ONLINE.
Reference -
ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/udb9/html/89f01b10-5fae-4ed8-
b0fb-a4b9f540fd28.htm
http://groups.google.pl/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.server/browse_thread/thread/89b28d54a808c91e/
--
Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment