Friday, February 24, 2012

Distribution Agent History Clean Up Fails

Hi everyone.
i'm using sql database 7.0 setup for merge replication.suddenly i found out
that the "Agent History Cleanup:Distribution" had a red x mark.When i
examined,it shows that the agent did not run on its specied running
schedule.Even if i run it manually,still it won't work. When i check the
history of the agent why it fails to run it state their that:
could not find the index entry for RID '361526d0688a801749800300101801000'
in index page (1:1084), index ID 0, database 'distribution'. [SQLSTATE HY000]
(Error 644). The step failed.
Is this error will affect the replication process of my server?How can i fix
this one?
I will really appreciate any help you could give and thanksin advance.
I'd run dbcc checkdb on the distribution database.
Also consider dbcc dbreindex on each table in the distribution database.
Cheers,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .
|||hi sir.first i want to thank you for your response.
I still have some query about my problem sir.
I already run a dbcc checkdb on my distribution database,but unfortunately
it still not solve my problem.
The dbcc checkdb returns a result that "checkdb found 0 allocation errors
and 0 consistency errors in my database".
Is there other way to resolve this problem sir?
Will this miscellaneous agent error affects my database replication?
Thank you and more power.
"Paul Ibison" wrote:

> I'd run dbcc checkdb on the distribution database.
> Also consider dbcc dbreindex on each table in the distribution database.
> Cheers,
> Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .
>
>
|||OK - then please try running dbcc dbreinxdex on all tables in the
distribution database and we'll see if this fixes it.
Cheers,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment