Saturday, February 25, 2012

Distribution Database

My distribution Database is set to Simple mode , but the log file is filling
up every few days. the error is as follow
The log file for database 'Distribution_CCMSQL' is full. Back up the
transaction log for the database to free up some log space..
what is going on how can I backup the transaction log when my database is in
Simple Mode.
Thanks,
run a dbcc opentran in there to see if there is an orphaned transaction.
Other than that I would put it into full and dump it every 15-20 minutes.
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
<msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:O4h99l7xHHA.3724@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> My distribution Database is set to Simple mode , but the log file is
> filling up every few days. the error is as follow
> The log file for database 'Distribution_CCMSQL' is full. Back up the
> transaction log for the database to free up some log space..
> what is going on how can I backup the transaction log when my database is
> in Simple Mode.
> Thanks,
>

No comments:

Post a Comment