Saturday, February 25, 2012

Distribution db doesn't show up after enabling transactional repl

We are using SQL 2k with SP4. After I used the 'Create and Manage
publication wizard..' to create my transaction replication (I took the
default settings), it finished successfully. When I check the database
listing in EM, the 'distribution' database doesn't show up in the list but
the physical .mdf and .ldf files do exist. I thought this is strange, I
went ahead to disable the publication and thought I could start over again
but it gave me an error message " Eror 945: Database 'distribution' cannot be
opened dur to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space'. We
are out out of space or memory. I stop by restart SQL service but it didn't
help. Can anyone help?
Wingman
Do you have the show system databases enabled? This could account for the
invisibility of it. I would clear up space on your machine and then try to
disable publishing.
Hilary Cotter
Director of Text Mining and Database Strategy
RelevantNOISE.Com - Dedicated to mining blogs for business intelligence.
This posting is my own and doesn't necessarily represent RelevantNoise's
positions, strategies or opinions.
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Wingman" <Wingman@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8A3D4193-03DC-4D43-A3D5-A7FE0D2E97CB@.microsoft.com...
> We are using SQL 2k with SP4. After I used the 'Create and Manage
> publication wizard..' to create my transaction replication (I took the
> default settings), it finished successfully. When I check the database
> listing in EM, the 'distribution' database doesn't show up in the list but
> the physical .mdf and .ldf files do exist. I thought this is strange, I
> went ahead to disable the publication and thought I could start over again
> but it gave me an error message " Eror 945: Database 'distribution' cannot
> be
> opened dur to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space'.
> We
> are out out of space or memory. I stop by restart SQL service but it
> didn't
> help. Can anyone help?
> Wingman

No comments:

Post a Comment