Friday, February 24, 2012

distribution agent

I'm developing a setup package for an application that involves some
replications.
I create the new replication database, transactional publication, merge
pulication and a pull named subscription on the rtansactional
publication.
For checking that the snapshots have been generated successfully I do
the following:
get the job_name from the mssnapshot_agents table on distribution
database.
update job_state to run agent.
This worked well on both snapshots (trans, merge)
The problem is that I try to do the same steps for running the
distribution agent to initialize the subscription:
get the job_name from msdistribution_agents table on distribution
database.
BUT the job name is always "dose not exist"
I use sp_update_job to update the current step to start
and sp_start_job to start the job.
Is there a problem with those SPs or another way to do the same with
other SPs.
Thanks.
Have you looked at the replication ActiveX controls?
I think this is probably the simplest way to carry out what you are trying
to accomplish.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
Now available for purchase at:
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"taghreed" <tssamak@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1103290693.352210.19720@.z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
> I'm developing a setup package for an application that involves some
> replications.
> I create the new replication database, transactional publication, merge
> pulication and a pull named subscription on the rtansactional
> publication.
> For checking that the snapshots have been generated successfully I do
> the following:
> get the job_name from the mssnapshot_agents table on distribution
> database.
> update job_state to run agent.
> This worked well on both snapshots (trans, merge)
> The problem is that I try to do the same steps for running the
> distribution agent to initialize the subscription:
> get the job_name from msdistribution_agents table on distribution
> database.
> BUT the job name is always "dose not exist"
> I use sp_update_job to update the current step to start
> and sp_start_job to start the job.
> Is there a problem with those SPs or another way to do the same with
> other SPs.
> Thanks.
>
|||Thanks Hilary,
but I don't have time to reconstruct the application using ActiveX
controls.
Do you have other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment