Friday, February 24, 2012

Distribution Agent Stopped Working

I recently started having an issue with a distribution agent I have setup. I
am doing a simple transactional replication of a production database to
another server at a different location. A few days ago I started to receive
the error message " Error 14262:The
specified@.job_id('5E6241B8-55E2-472F-A3B9-346B7B66CFF5') does not exist"
whenever I tried to restart the distibution agent. It seems like the agent
was stopped a few days ago and now it cannot be restarted because of a
missing job. Can I recreate the agent and the job it is looking for? Or can I
recreate just the job and have the agent use that?
It seem like this job no longer exists. I do not see any reference to this id
in the sysjobs table. I do see a job in the sql server agent that performs
the same replication I am having problems with, but I believe this job is
from my attempts to recreate replication. The original job is not there. We
do have consultants that script things against our server, but as of yet none
of them have admitted to doing anything. Is it possible to recreate the job
that this agent is referencing or point it to the other job that is
performing the same function?
"Paul Ibison" wrote:

> I can't understnad how this can occur and would like to better understand
> it. Does the job id ('5E6241B8-55E2-472F-A3B9-346B7B66CFF5') exist in
> sysjobs? Can you start the job from sql server agent? If so,then it is the
> mapping of the logical distribution agent to the physical job that has gon
> awry. Has anything changed in the configuration recently - anyone scripted
> in the replication setup perhaps?
> Cheers,
> Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com
>
>
|||Have a look at syssubscriptions - the distribution_jobid column. It might be
that you could update this with the id of the job which is correct for you.
We're not really supposed to edit this type of info of course and the
supported mechanism would be to reinitialize.
Cheers,
Paul Ibison

No comments:

Post a Comment