Friday, February 24, 2012

Distribution Agent Latency question

I am delivering replicated data from a t3
connection to a t1 connection.. My ping times to
the subscriber are pretty good.. about 40ms
consistant. I have the following rates that seem
to be really slow for distributor/subscribers on
such good connections.
delivery rate (cmds/sec) = 212.0000
latency (msec) = 26890205 <--this seems high
# trans = 12
# cmds = 83784
avg. # cmds = 6982
This latency also seems to be making my
distribution database large on my distributor.
I am using default distribution agent profiles
and it's set to run every 15min.
I don't know - does 7 hours latency sound normal to you?
Latency is occasionally wrong. It reflects the delta between the time the
transaction entered the distribution database and the time it made it to the
subscriber.
If your distribution agent is not continuous the schedule is reflected in
the latency.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"Combfilter" <adsf@.asdf.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1be9951edb17d9149896d1@.news.newsreader.co m...
> I am delivering replicated data from a t3
> connection to a t1 connection.. My ping times to
> the subscriber are pretty good.. about 40ms
> consistant. I have the following rates that seem
> to be really slow for distributor/subscribers on
> such good connections.
> delivery rate (cmds/sec) = 212.0000
> latency (msec) = 26890205 <--this seems high
> # trans = 12
> # cmds = 83784
> avg. # cmds = 6982
> This latency also seems to be making my
> distribution database large on my distributor.
> I am using default distribution agent profiles
> and it's set to run every 15min.
|||In article <uEryCWJvEHA.3624
@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, hilary.cotter@.gmail.com
says...
> I don't know - does 7 hours latency sound normal to you?
> Latency is occasionally wrong. It reflects the delta between the time the
> transaction entered the distribution database and the time it made it to the
> subscriber.
> If your distribution agent is not continuous the schedule is reflected in
> the latency.
>
Anything I should start looking at to resolve why
there is such high latency for this one
subscription only? I have the log reader set to
run continuous and the dist. agent to run every
15min.
tia
-comb

No comments:

Post a Comment