Saturday, February 25, 2012

Distribution database gone but now can't get rid of publications

I have been messing around with Replication on MS Virtual Server.
Set up a Distributor on a seperate machine from the publication
database.
For some reason unkown my Distribution database went in Suspect Mode.
Finally got rid of it using
sp_dropdistributiondb @.database = 'distribution'
Now I can't get delete any of my publications.
They still look towards my Distribution database which is no longer a
distributor
tried
exec sp_dropsubscription
@.publication='AdventureWorksCentralPublication',@.a rticle='all',@.subscriber='all',
@.ignore_distributor=1
sp_removedbreplication
SHould I just re-set up my Distributor again and leave the
publications? Would that even work?
THere has to be some way to delete my publications
Thanks
Mike
Did you run sp_removedbreplication on the publisher and subscribers also? If
so, and you have removed the distribution database then perhaps you are just
seing residual data from tempdb which is reported in the replication monitor.
try refreshing the replication monitor (sp_MSload_replication_status) to see
if this removes the reference.
Paul Ibison
|||Did you follow the steps outlined here?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324401
"jughead" <mike.aarset@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1176965268.535472.269400@.b58g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
>I have been messing around with Replication on MS Virtual Server.
> Set up a Distributor on a seperate machine from the publication
> database.
> For some reason unkown my Distribution database went in Suspect Mode.
> Finally got rid of it using
> sp_dropdistributiondb @.database = 'distribution'
> Now I can't get delete any of my publications.
> They still look towards my Distribution database which is no longer a
> distributor
> tried
> exec sp_dropsubscription
> @.publication='AdventureWorksCentralPublication',@.a rticle='all',@.subscriber='all',
> @.ignore_distributor=1
> sp_removedbreplication
> SHould I just re-set up my Distributor again and leave the
> publications? Would that even work?
> THere has to be some way to delete my publications
> Thanks
> Mike
>

No comments:

Post a Comment