Thursday, March 29, 2012

Do Sql 2005 and Access not play well together?

Does anyone know if I can't put Access 2003 and SQL 2005 on the same server together? I've got an old, well not that old, application that was farmed out coming back home and apparently it's backend is Access and the frontend is ASP, I think. Anyway, the power's that be would like to upgrade to SQL 2005 and would like everything on the same box together. I've heard rumors that's not possible... Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks a ton.

Nicole (not Anna) Smith

It is NOT a problem to install both Access and SQL Server on the same computer.|||Well as Arnie said, in general it is no problem, don′t know if this is officially supported (like outlook and Exchange isn′t), but I also saw that many times working smootly.

Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.desql

No comments:

Post a Comment