Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Do I need to reapply SP1 after adding new components?

Hello,

I applied SQL 2005 SP1 and hotfixes to my instance. Now I found the SQL_replication component was not installed. I just installed that component.

1. Do I need to reapply SP1? Then hotfixes?

2. Will reapply SP1 or hotfixes cause problems? I tried on my test server, the SP1 install failed with some errors the first time. It went through Ok the second time. (I have 3 instances on this test server. I only added new component to one instance. When applying SP1 the second time, the installer forces me to apply on all instances and tools; causing outage to all instances. The installer did not force me when I applied SP1 the first time.)

I wonder what is the best practice for handling this case.

thanks,

ktmd

Yes, you will have to.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment