Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Do I need to start the service..

Hi,
I am providing a UI in my application (which uses MSDE) for the user to back
up/restore the application database. Today I tried to test it and it didn't
work complaining that sql server does not exist. I checked and saw that I
had not started the MSSQL$M
yApp service.. when I started it, the backup and restore started working fin
e. So does that mean that I have to programatically start the service in my
app before backup/restore. Generally my application does not need to start
the service while talking
to the database.
ThanksIf you set the service to automatic, it will start when the computer
starts. There is always a possibility that it will get stopped manually. So
you could check to see if it is started in your app and if not start it.
Rand
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment