Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Do I need to learn report services if I already knew Crystal report?

Do I need to learn report services if I already knew Crystal report?

What features of Reporting services are not in Crystal report?

Hi

Well when i first started building reports online i started with CR but when the big bang of SSRS came in i decided had to learn it but i felt really bad to start learning all from scratch... long story short the answer is yes!! you do have to learn it... it aint much though its quite simple i suggest u seek out in the web for some tutorials... theres a few good ones out there that saved my live!!

and about the features available that are not in CR's.. well it all depends on wich version ur working on... but the good thing about it is that the reports are centralized in a reportserver...

hope this motivates you (know how u feel being a CR ex user...)

Later aspfun...Yes

|||

Thank you.

I used CR in net for a few year but I still do not like CR. The only thing I like CR is you can select dataset as data source.

But, SSRS did not have this option.

|||

here is 3 videos that could give you a deeper idea about srss features and what you can and cannot do with it ...http://www.ssw.com.au/ssw/Standards/Rules/RulesToBetterSQLReportingServices.aspx#use

Enjoy...

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment