Tuesday, March 27, 2012

do I need to pay for support cases to help MS fix bugs?

I've filed a few bugs on connect.microsoft.com, and I am being asked for 2nd time to open a support case to make it easier to work on the bug.

The reason is that the bug needs to be reproduced, and working with a support person will help MS setup the same database, cube, etc.

However, I am wondering why am I as a customer required to pay for the support incidents to help Microsoft fix software bugs?

In my view that type of practice might serve as a deterrent for bug filing and follow-ups. I am sure this is not the desired effect.

I have filed many bugs on connect without any demands of opening a support case.

The response is usually rapid if you participate in beta testing of service packs.

Probably you pay for a quick delivery of hot-fixes.

HTH

Thomas Ivarsson

|||

No, you pay only if you support case wasn't MS error.

If you file an issue that is a bug, you pay nothing. For the hotfix you pay nothing. But the way from bug support case to the hotfix is some time long and difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment