Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Do I need to reinstall or patch something?

Hi,

I have discovered something wrong with my SSIS package and I thought it best to post a new thread since the problem is not what I thought it was initially.

With relation to my post of 'directory variable problem' I have now discovered by opening my project this morning that apparently my project had gone corrupt, according to the dev environment since the message reads:

"There were errors while the package was being loaded.
The package might be corrupted.
See the Error List for details."

The Error List:
"Error 13 Error loading MyTestSSISPackage.dtsx: The connection "(local).MyTestDB.sa" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found."

This is a buggy ADO.net connection that I deleted yesterday since, even though it connects successfully, doesn't want to work! It keeps on telling me log in failed for user <MyTestUser> even after I test it and it connects fine with the username and password during the UDL screen of the connection.. It's like it forgets the bloody password.
I created another connection, this time an OLE connection and it seems to work fine.

*EDITED*
I stand corrected..no bloody connection manager is working now. They all fail stating that they cannot connect to the db due to some or another 'unsupported' value in the connection string...the connectionstring was set up by the environment's udl? how is this possible. I am beginning to get annoyed with SSIS

Now finally my question...WHY is it that every time I change something its like the dev environment doesn't cascade the change throughout the project or package? The problem I have been having with my variables not getting picked up with the correct values which I gave them during design time is probably also related to this. How or where can I remove the reference to this old ADO.Net connection since I cannot find it anywhere in the <package>.dtsx file?

Anyone ever experienced this?

Regards
Mike

I have found that I have to manually replace the ID of the connection managers with the newly created one directly in the dtsx file since it says that my package is corrupted after deleting a connection manager. This is a very annoying feature or lack of it.

However, I still can't get past the: "Login failed for 'sa'" ERROR with the following description:

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
at ScriptComponent_6d604c38c05848379605ada1e61bdda6.ScriptMain.Input_ProcessInputRow(InputBuffer Row)
at ScriptComponent_6d604c38c05848379605ada1e61bdda6.UserComponent.Input_ProcessInput(InputBuffer Buffer)
at ScriptComponent_6d604c38c05848379605ada1e61bdda6.UserComponent.ProcessInput(Int32 InputID, PipelineBuffer Buffer)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ScriptComponentHost.ProcessInput(Int32 inputID, PipelineBuffer buffer)
|||Does anyone know where I can find the pakage.connections?

I think i can remove some of my headaches by cleaning that out a little

No comments:

Post a Comment